(10% discount on 10 or more licenses; 20% on 50 or more)
eVSM – Electronic Value-Stream Mapping
Walking the shop or office floor with a paper and pencil to collect data and observe actual conditions is how value-stream mapping (VSM) is done. But for a long time, members of the Lean Community have been sharing these hand-drawn maps by creating their own electronic templates from scratch in various software programs. eVSM makes the process of turning hand-drawn maps into electronic ones easier and faster.
As a companion — not a substitute — to paper-and-pencil mapping, the software allows lean practitioners to easily create, modify, and disseminate electronic value-stream maps. The eVSM software is developed independently by GumshoeKI, a visual communications company and a Microsoft Visio Solutions partner. For technical questions on eVSM, please call GumshoeKI at +1 (513)258-8540.
eVSM allows lean practitioners to:
- Transfer paper and pencil value-stream maps into an electronic format for presentations;
- Create multiple versions of future-state maps for implementation and what-if analysis;
- Communicate value-stream maps electronically to others via E-mail or the web;
- Organize multiple maps for macro value-stream analysis;
- Perform simple lean calculations via an integrated Excel spreadsheet;
- Create charts in Excel (illustrating takt time or cycle time, for instance) and move them to the value-stream map where they update with changes in map data.
- Manage the lean transformation with a visual storyboard.
- Standardize and speed up the mapping process with multi-shape templates.
The drawing process is made easier with such features as automatic snap-to positioning of icons and right-click menus of data box attributes, such as cycle time, uptime, and rework percentage.
eVSM has been extended by GumshoeKI since its first release to support the new workbooks from the Institute (Seeing the whole, Creating Continuous Flow, Making Materials Flow, Creating Level Pull) and has alignment with and support of these workbooks as a primary on-going objective.
View the eVSM Frequently Asked Questions.
To download sample maps on:
Manufacturing – http://www.evsm.com/example-manufacturing
Processing – http://www.evsm.com/example-processing
Transactional – http://www.evsm.com/evsm-examples-transactional-level-maps
Healthcare – http://www.evsm.com/evsm-examples-healthcare-maps
A new license of the eVSM software is available for A$444. Both Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Excel are pre-requisites for eVSM. A discount of 10 percent is automatically applied on any single eVSM order of 10 or more new licenses and a 20 percent discount on any single order of 50 or more new licenses. (Please view the returns policy).
Trial License of eVSM
For a free 30 day eVSM trial visit www.evsm.com/trial/lea.htm
The license fee includes 1 years support for the latest version of the eVSM software directly from the developer, GumshoeKI, which has years of experience developing and supporting Visio-based software. GumshoeKI is a member of Microsoft Corporation’s Visio Partner Program. The support desk number is +1 (513) 258-8540
Visit the eVSM on-line help site at http://www.evsm.com/evsm-technical-support
If you already have a license for an older version of the eVSM software you will get email notification as updates become available for purchase. If you have any questions, please email these to email@example.com or call the eVSM support desk at +1 (513)258-8540
- Windows XP/Win7/Win8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Visio 2003/2007/2010/2013 – both Standard and Professional editions are supported (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Excel 2003/2007/2010/2013 (32-bit and 64-bit).
Note: Visio and Excel are NOT included in the eVSM software, they must be acquired and installed separately. You can download a free 60-day trial copy of Visio from: http://www.microsoft.com/visio
Please note: this is a downloadable product – details of how to install will be sent to you via email shortly after your purchase.
Frequently asked questions on the product can be viewed at https://evsm.com/evsm-technical-support