Implementing visual management tools without leadership standard work results in extra work and useless wall paper. Leadership standard work without visual management tools results in a marginally effective social event at the Gemba. Only when visual management tools and leadership standard work are used together can you set a foundation for a sustainable, self-correcting, continuous improvement environment that is truly Lean.
This one-day workshop deals with designing and executing an implementation plan to migrate your company from one of gather data, synthesise, meet, and react to one of see waste, manage exceptions, and improve processes . It will show you how to tie together the tools of Policy Deployment, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Visual Management, and Leadership Standard Work. The emphasis of the course will be on the development of Visual Management tools and Leadership Standard Work. It will be based on a case study of a company that has developed strategy, gone through Policy Deployment, and Value Stream Mapping, and now wants to develop a visual management plan and management standard work to more effectively lead the enterprise.
This workshop is based on a case study of a fictitious company which has both knowledge flow and manufacturing processes. At the end of each section, time is allotted to carry out exercises on how concepts can be applied in your specific company.
- What is visual management?
- Elements of a successful visual management system
- What are the benefits of visual management?
- Visual management and traditional management methods
- Basic operating performance reports and methods of tracking performance visually
- How successful visual management systems replace traditional methods, rather than add to overall work load
- Integration of visual process control, visual process performance monitoring and leadership standard work
- The tools of visual process control
- Leadership standard work
This workshop will demonstrate how to connect company strategies with leadership standard work through the use of visual management tools and techniques and will emphasise the benefits of incorporating visual management systems into leadership standard work. As a result, at the end of this workshop you should be able to:
- Improve business performance by reacting to abnormalities in real time, at the local level
- Improve productivity by eliminating waste from critical processes
- Get everyone in your organisation aligned and involved with what is important to your customers and you business
- Improve front line leadership skills through better awareness
- Improve morale through transparency and involvement
- Keep the enterprise motivated to stay on course through the Lean Transformation process as they see the impact of process improvements faster